I will always shelter you, my love.

A place for Jaxson's friends and family to get info and updates

.

4.09.2010

4/9/10 Update

Hi Everyone,

Not much to report today. Jaxson is busy resting. Jeff and I are going to see him tomorrow morning.

He got a PIC line yesterday after PawPaws' and my visit (new IV that replaces the ones going through the belly button where they have been drawing blood and giving medications. It usually goes into the arm or leg). This happens with the preemies and babies, the remainder of the umbilical cord finally goes away to reveal the belly button. I'm looking forward to seeing his little button.

They did another blood culture yesterday...they get a preliminary report tomorrow, but the actual results will be ready in about 3 days. This will continue the entire time he's there, I think. If they end up taking too much blood, he'll have to get a transfusion to replace it, but there hasn't been discussion about that happening, so far.

He's still resting. He's doing well...breathing on his own and getting help when he forgets. He's having less A's and B's. I'm sure there will be more adjustments made, but for now, what they are doing seems to be working well.

Sheree


1 comment:

  1. Sheree & Jeff
    My heart goes out to you. My name is Edna and I am also the mom of a preemie. Reading your updates makes me go back almost 7 years ago when at 26+ weeks I went into labor. Preemies are fighters,have no doubt, and baby Jaxson will come home healthy and strong. Whenever you are close to him let him hear your voice, talk to him so that he knows Mom is there fighting with him and making him stronger with her love. Wish you the best! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete