

When I walked in to the NICU today,the respiratory therapist was about to remove the CPAP and tape from Jaxson's face to suction out his mouth and nose. He even went so far as to pop the hatch on the isolette so I could get in there with Jaxson and get some pics.
His poor little nose is all smushed right now because of the CPAP....which, by the way, he keeps trying to pull off. I don't blame him!!!
He weighs 2 lbs. 11 oz. and he's doing really well. He continues to have the occasional A's and B's on the CPAP but so far he's doing well on it compared to last time. He doesn't like it though. He tries to pull it off his nose. It makes him sneeze too. It's precious!
I've finally learned some of his cues and behaviors....
When he gets turned on his back, he gets upset
He likes a clean diaper (can't blame him!)
Once his diaper is changed and he gets fed his milk, he likes to be bundled up on his belly to sleep
He likes to wiggle out of his snuggle sometimes. One of his nurses came round to check him the other day and when she opened the hand hatches to the isolette she was startled to see he had completely wiggled out of his snuggle and was hanging off the side of his bed. She told me that she took some pics with his disposable camera. We'll get to see those later. I got a picture of him today trying to wiggle out.
He is really strong. Yesterday, when Jeff and I got there, his nurse was about to change his diaper, take his temp., etc., and so Jeff and I helped hold his little arms and legs so she could do those things a little easier. He got away from us a couple of times. It was adorable!
He likes it when I hold him, I think. He has done very well both times I've held him. He makes really cute sounds, sneezes, but he sleeps in my arms.
I'm going to ask his nurse and doctor about his little nose tomorrow. That CPAP is squishing his nose and I worried it's going to make his nose different than it's supposed to be!!! Does anyone have any experience with this????????
They are turning him several times a day so he doesn't get the misshapen head.
I can't wait to see him tomorrow! Kangaroo Care again!!! Whoo Hoo!
He should start gaining about an ounce a day from now on. Looking forward to him hitting 3 lbs! Blood culture came back negative again...back off antibiotics! No more IV either!!
We are so proud of you Jaxson!
Lovely! Don't worry about his sweet little nose--they're so bendy as babies, I'm sure it will turn out just gorgeous. :)
ReplyDeleteHe looks like he is growing daily! Love, Melinda
ReplyDelete