
Whoooo Hoooo!!
Our boy is doing very well today, so far. He has gained 4 ounces this week. He's up to 2 lbs. 5 oz., which was his birthweight!! This is the best news I've heard since day 1.
We are looking forward to him gaining and keeping some additional weight in the coming weeks.
Additionally, he has not had any A's and B's since yesterday (as of about 9:00am this morning). The sooner we get that under control the sooner we will be able to hold our son for the first time. God, please let us have this soon. His Doctor said he thinks that he was having lots of A's and B's because he was getting really tuckered out, not because he was fighting an infection.
His blood gases* were drawn this morning. Normal. All additional blood tests looking for infection have come back NEGATIVE!!! His color continues to look good.
He is taking 3-cc's of MY MILK. The doctor is going to increase his feedings to 5 per day. Great news!!! If we can keep this going, it will be great. I'm eating as much Omega 3 Fatty Acid and DHA as I can and taking supplements to enrich the milk.
Jeff and I will be visiting and delivering milk this afternoon. I can't wait to see him. Will take some pics and post tonight.
No doubt, all the prayers are working. Thanks again everyone for the support and please continue to pray for Jaxson. We are having a great day today...but he's not out of the woods yet.
Much Love to All,
Sheree & Jeff
*Blood Gas A blood test used to evaluate an infant's level of oxygen, carbon dioxide and acid. This test is significant because it helps to evaluate an infant's respiratory status.
WOW! What great news!
ReplyDelete