
Jaxson lost an ounce and went back down to 2lbs 11 oz. But that is normal...he's been burning a lot of calories trying to breath on his own with the CPAP.
I got to do kangaroo again. The pictures are on Jeff''s camera, so I'll post those later. It's definitely helping with my milk production...amazing how that works!!! He got pretty tired toward the end of holding him. He started sneezing and fidgeting a little so we got him back in his isolette, took his temperature, changed his poopie diaper...I wiped his little tiny butt. Even that was special to me! Poop and all, I fall more in love with him every day. I can't get over how he gets cuter every day, too. He looks really healthy!!!
Here are a few pics I snapped. He looks so sweet.
Hey there Sheree! So glad to be able to follow your blog and that Jaxson seems to be improving everyday! I remember kangarooing with Major. Such a special time! I understand about the weight loss and As and Bs. We even had one the day before we left...they said it was probably the excitement and we tired him out. One of our wise nurses said to expect 2 steps forward and 1 step back. That was pretty much how our time there was. I know that it is a scary and exhilerating time right now. Most of our memories from the NICU are wonderful. And we are still in touch with several of the nurses. Treasure every moment! Have you given him a bath yet? That was one of my favorite times. Usually they give them at night when it quiets down...that was my favorite time to visit...the late shift. Quieter and more relaxed. Ask about bathing...its really just a warm squirt bottle and some rags (sponge bath), but ohh did Major love it. I also made a little poster to attach to his incubator. I put pictures on there of the whole family so that we were there with him even when we couldn't be. Now its a part of his 1st year scrapbook.
ReplyDeletePlease let me know what y'all might need? Gift card to anywhere? Just let me know...I would like to do something for you.
love you thinking of you always. can;t wait for the shower. he is just precious.
ReplyDeleteMichele Campbell