I will always shelter you, my love.

A place for Jaxson's friends and family to get info and updates

.

4.21.2010

4/20 Kangaroo Care

First thing: I wanted to report that I asked about his little nose. His nurse laughed and said "DON'T WORRY! We call it CPAP nose, and it will go back to normal once the CPAP is removed!". I was really very relieved to know that my baby's nose will look like it's supposed to. WHEW!!

Jaxson weighed 2 lbs. 12.5 oz.!! Three lbs. here we come! He's going to look like a giant compared to when he was born! I can't wait! He should start gaining about an ounce a day, so hopefully he will be up to three pounds by sometime next week!!!

I spent the day at the hospital yesterday. Jaxson's bay was a storm of activity when I walked in at 11am. They had just received 2 new babies, twins, that morning and all the nurses were working on them. Jaxson was chilling out in his isolette.




I shot a picture of him with a pacifier and my finger. He was sucking pretty hard. It was so cute! I'm glad he's getting the hang of it finally. It's a good way to keep the CPAP air from escaping through his mouth and it also helps him "self soothe".

I sat with him for a few hours while the nurses were busy. They came by to say hello and ask if I needed anything, but I was really glad I was there with Jaxson...even though he was passed out, oblivious to what was going on. EXCEPT, maybe he WAS aware that something was going on......

He had a bunch of brady's while I was there. I had to stimulate him to get him to wake up from the apneas. It was a little nerve racking. The nurses and I were joking that he just wanted the attention back from all the ladies!

But he is really doing very well despite those bumps!

At about 2pm, things had finally calmed down so we got to take him out so I could hold him. Again, it was so great to have him close to me. He has behaved very well all three times I've held him. No A's and B's at all. I think he enjoys it just as much as I do!! His little hand was resting on my chest, shot a picture of it. The fingers are plumping up nicely. I kissed his head about 1,000 times during that 40 minute session. AND, he opened his little eyes when the nurse went to take the picture of him in my arms!! He's so awesome!



3 comments:

  1. These posts make me smile daily. Thanks for the updates and GO JAXSON! I know he will continue to amaze us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised he's doing so well when you're holding him. He knows he wants to be in his mama's arms!

    ReplyDelete