I will always shelter you, my love.

A place for Jaxson's friends and family to get info and updates

.

4.28.2010

4/27







Special Person of the Day: Aunt Ashli!!! We love you! Happy Birthday!!!!

Jaxson weighs 3lbs 3oz!!!!!! YEAH! He's gained almost a whole pound since birth! Just two more ounces to go.....

Jaxson has been misbehaving quite a bit lately. I think the reflux is causing the clusters of A's and B's he keeps having. It seems like every time the nurses are busy, he stops breathing. I suspect he just can't stand for all his ladies to be paying attention to other babies. His nurses are all so wonderful, I don't blame him at all.

This kid is T R O U B L E ! T R O U B L E !

They are changing up the feedings, moving his tubes around, moving him around, trying to find the right combination of factors to keep him from getting A's and B's. It's really just a day by day thing. What works today might not work tomorrow.

Jaxson has been opening his eyes a lot more...looking around. It's another amazing thing for me to see, having seen it so rarely. Sorry for the blurry pics...it's hard to maneuver in that isolette.

We are all fed up with it at this point....the nurses, doctors, Jeff and I....It's getting ridiculous, but we have to be patient with our little guy. He's starting to catch himself more, which is an improvement. But he also turns every color of the rainbow during one of his episodes and scares everyone. We have to nudge him hard to get him to start breathing sometimes. If he keeps on like this, they'll put him back on the tubes, unless we can find the right combination to help him get over the hump. It's gotten to the point where I can't even hold him without him having 3 episodes.

I did spend the day there yesterday with him and went back last night after shift change specifically to give him a bath (Thanks Mickell for the suggestion!!). It was great to get to interact with him. I even got to wash his hair. I almost cried. Every little thing, from changing his poopy diaper, to putting ointment on his butt to touching his hands is so special to me. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Sometimes when I'm touching him I get light headed. It's a little overwhelming when I let myself think too hard about the situation we're in. But I just tell myself this is what it is and it won't last forever...even though it seems the opposite is true, now. I find myself getting a little envious of the moms in the bay who are already getting to breast feed their babies. But, again, my time will come and it will be even more special when it does.

So, since things have really calmed down a lot, and Jeff and I are settling into a routine, things have become more manageable for us. So, I'm thinking that I'll start updating the blog about once or twice week. Obviously, when we reach milestones, reach new heights of cuteness, or experience any other drama, I will post about it. I don't want to post for the sake of posting....that would get mundane.

As always, thanks for the prayers and encouragement. We love you all very much!

Jeff, Sheree, and Jaxson!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Love to you all. Keeping you in our prayers. I'm sending you special love from the son of a dear friend of mine who born at 26 weeks and now weighs over 30 pounds at 15 months!

    ReplyDelete