I will always shelter you, my love.

A place for Jaxson's friends and family to get info and updates

.

4.15.2010

4/15/10: The Eyes Have It



As promised, Jaxson's breathing tube was extubated today. His doctors put him back on the CPAP. So far, he is doing well on it. I'm afraid he's going to get pooped out again and have to be put back on the tube.....but we'll see. He was breathing well on his own this afternoon when I saw him.

Even better news is that he was really trying to open his eyes today. He "looked" at me for a while. I'm not sure what he sees, and how well. His little eyes are probably not working that well right now....but it was so wonderful to see them!

Even BETTER news is that I might be able to hold him TOMORROW for the very first time....that is, if all goes well through the night and he has an ok morning (meaning that if he doesn't start back up with the A's and B's....a few are expected).

I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. If I don't get to hold him tomorrow, that is ok. But I really hope I can!!

We are really looking forward to the day when we get to see his little face without some sort of contraption on it. But we sure are glad these things exist, so we can bring him home someday.

He sure does seem to have a lot of girlfriends already. His nurses think he's a really cute little guy! But we knew that!

With all the good news lately, it's hard to imagine anything but good news from now on....but I want to be a little cautious. BUT, today was another great day!!!

We love you Jaxson!

Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Look at those beautiful eyes! So glad he had another good day. :)

    ReplyDelete