I will always shelter you, my love.

A place for Jaxson's friends and family to get info and updates

.

4.13.2010

4/13/10: 2 Weeks Old!!





Jaxson is having another great day!

The heart ultrasound turned up nothing in terms of problems....benign!!

He was weighed last night at 2lb. 9oz. He is doing well on the breathing tube, but they will extubate Thursday and put him back on the CPAP. The doctors prefer not to have a tube going into the lungs because there is always a chance of infection with something that invasive.


If Jaxson can handle being on the CPAP for a few days without having any A's and B's, hopefully I'll get to hold him pretty soon.

He has been taken off antibiotics and they have increased his feedings to 13 cc's (started at 2 cc's).

I visited him this afternoon and he opened his eyes for a little bit. I talked to him and told him how proud I am of him and how much we love him. He is such a handsome boy. I can't wait to see what he is going to look like. I think he has Jeff's nose. Definitely my eyes, so far. It's hard to tell with all that tape on his little face. I'm sure he'll do a lot of changing in the coming weeks.

He was given an IV this afternoon and given blood. Because they take blood daily for testing, they were just replacing some. As always, they will continue to do this to check for infections.

I will be there again tomorrow and try to get some better pictures.

I want to give a special thanks to everyone who has sent gift cards and those who are cooking and delivering meals to us this week:

Vanessa and Chad Rankin
Hana Sumbera
Clara and Eric Mickellson
Jessica and Anthony Kraybill
Amanda Benson
Dave M.
Roel Gonzalez and Clay Smith
Greg and Ashley Mack
Jeff's Maw Maw and Paw Paw
My Aunt Mary and Uncle Rudy

You guys are life savers! Jessica, thanks for setting it up. If I left anyone out, someone let me know.

I have to thank my parents Jo and Randall, Jeff and his parents Kathy and Bill, Jessica, Ronda, Ann, Ashli, Jenny and Doug for all the food they delivered to me while I was laid up in the hospital.

We are still so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity...and I know I keep saying it..but it's really important!


1 comment:

  1. I came here from Jessica's blog, and I just wanted to let you know that I'm reading and thinking about you. I'm keeping Jaxson and you in my thoughts, and I really hope you get to hold him soon.

    He really is a handsome boy, and it sounds like he is a very strong little man.

    ReplyDelete