



Jaxson is doing well. He's still having the same issues with the A's and B's. Same story....hopefully he'll outgrow it soon!!
He weighed 4 lbs 2 oz on Saturday!!
My parents were here this weekend and my Mom got to hold him. He was bad and tried to pull his CPAP off and it scared my Mom!! He was fine though!
Jeff took me to eat dinner last night and then we went to visit Jaxson for Mother's Day. I held him for about an hour. He had his eyes open and was looking around and at me. It's so great to see him interacting a little now! He didn't drop his heart rate once while I was holding him.
I went this afternoon again and held him for about 40 minutes today. We've been keeping him swaddled because he grabs everything. He has a very strong grip. I have no doubt he could pull the tubes out of his mouth and his CPAP off in 2 seconds flat. The last couple of times I've tried to Kangaroo he has turned his head and smushed the CPAP into my chest...and I wasn't able to get him to turn his head back without forcing it (I didn't want to hurt his little neck!). So, I'm going to swaddle him for a while and try Kangaroo when he grows a little more. He's a little stubborn!! But I have to admit, I think that's great. It reminds me of my Dad!
We've reached a pretty boring time...which is a good thing. Jaxson is just trucking along. It's a waiting game at this point...waiting for him to outgrow this apnea problem so we can start teaching him how to coordinate breathing, sucking and swallowing so he can begin bottle feeding and breastfeeding. Once he gets that down, he can come home. The doctors expect him to remain in the NICU until at least his due date or beyond, depending on him, of course!
Please keep praying for him. He seems so miserable with two tubes in his mouth and the tubes in his nose, plus the big mask on his face and all the tape. He even has wires all over his body for his heart rates and all that. He gets so mad at that stuff. His little face turns red and he wrinkles his forehead and cries a little. It's so sad. I wish I could explain it to him :(
Here's some cute pictures with Mom and there's one where I was holding him and he put his little hands in the cutest position!! I snapped one when he pulled the CPAP off too....His nose looks just like Jeff's!!!!!
I love my little puddin' pop!!
Love,
Sheree
No comments:
Post a Comment