I will always shelter you, my love.

A place for Jaxson's friends and family to get info and updates

.

7.05.2010

Fourth of July




Yesterday was Jaxson's due date. I went to visit him in the afternoon...just to hold him. He slept the whole time...I couldn't take my eyes off him. He didn't know it was his due date or that it was Independence Day or that I was really sad that he wasn't coming home. But when I held him none of that mattered to me anymore. I just thanked God that he is here and that I CAN hold him and that he will be coming home sometime soon.

Jeff and I went to see the fireworks in Buda last night. I got sad seeing all those families for some reason. I just want my family together so we can start spoiling our child and laughing at the funny things he does and feeding him and bathing him and watching him grow all the time....instead of a couple of hours at a time.

We had a setback this week past. Jaxson had been nippling at every feeding but started to show signs of fatigue and reflux later in the week. He was sleeping through feedings, fussing when trying to latch on and spitting up. So, finally they put him back on Prilosec after letting him suffer for a week. I'm a little angry about that. I feel so horrible that I didn't realize what was going on and say something...but I'm really upset that the doctor didn't take care of him earlier. So, they put the tube back into his nose so they could go back to 2 nipple feeds, then a tube feed...etc. He needed a break.

Yesterday, they changed him back to all nipple feeds. Now that he's on prilosec for the reflux, he seems to be doing better. I proud of him anyway...he's doing the best he can for a little guy (Who's not so little anymore!!).

He weighed 8 pounds yesterday! When i saw him, i swear i could tell. His hands, feet, head, and legs seem so huge compared to the micro-size he was when we first began in April. It's a trip to think I would have given birth to an 8 pound baby yesterday. I have mixed feelings about that.

Anyway, we don't have a coming home date just yet. Again, it all depends on Jaxson and how well he tolerates his feedings. He's almost there. He's almost here! Jeff and I are just staying a little numbed. Every so often, one of us will just blurt out "I want my baby!" The thing that bothers us most now is that it's past his due date and we would have him home in a day or so if he had been term. So, it's getting tougher to deal with the situation. We have joked about breaking him out of baby jail. We've wondered what the hospital would do if we just told them we are taking him home!

I am going to see him this evening for a feeding a bath time. I can't wait to see my huge baby!!

Here are a couple of pics from yesterday. Like I said he slept the whole time, so they are not the best shots. He also scratched his little face with his fingernail. Those things are sharp!

Measurements from last night:

Weight 8 lbs. 3 oz. (Up 9 ounces in the last week and up 5 pounds 8 ounces from birth)
Length 19.7" (Up 6.3 inches since birth)
He's doing well with feeds so far. They are giving him the lowest dose of prilosec as possible...so if we need to go up from there, we can. But so far it seems to be working fine.

Please cross your fingers say a little prayer that he has a great week and can come home this weekend!

As always, much love.

Sheree & Jeff & Jaxson

2 comments:

  1. Aren't their fingernails sharp?? Someone definitely needs to invent a better way of clipping them...

    My fingers (and toes!) are crossed for your little family :-). XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that Jaxson can come home SOON!

    I know that every hospital and every baby is different, but I have to tell you that we didn't really get much notice about our daughter's release. I think they don't want to make a promise and then have a setback. So it was very much like, "Well ... maybe tomorrow, but call in the morning." And then we called and they were like, "Oh, yes, she's been released!" Very sudden, not much lead-up, and I guess no broken promises from them.

    ReplyDelete